The Post Punk Progressive Pop Party

The P5 is DEAD! It stands as a piece of 80's music history on the web. To prevent spam, your COMMENTS WILL NO LONGER BE POSTED!

Old links may no longer work, and NO we will NOT fix them. The P5 DOES NOT upload, post, host or share music files online. All links on The P5 point to other music blogs and were valid at time of posting. All links on this site were found using public search engines such as Google Blog Search. Please read the disclaimer at the right.


Happy Birthday

|

Bruce Springsteen Turns 60 - brucespringsteen.net



Is it just me or do you guys find Springsteen's music boring and bland? I know that he is a helluva performer but I never saw the attraction. I never felt hooked.

For those of you who are hooked...
Blogload: Bruce Springsteen & The E Street Band - Greatest Hits (2009 Limited Tour Edition) - cyranounico.blogspot.com

8 comments:

Simon said...

No, it's not just you.

Anonymous said...

Word.

Jimmy Casey said...

Different strokes for different folks. I love Springsteen, but then again I'm 47 years old. I can understand that his music might not appeal to some of the younger folks. It really speaks to me. Plus, a lot of people have only heard "the hits". His catalog is much richer than what you get from the more "popular" tracks.

MOOKIE said...

I'm the same age as you. But as you say, to each his own.I'm not knocking Bruce.I'm just not a fan.

Mondo said...

Can't stand him - boring and blustery. Although Bowie was one of the first to pick up on him around the time of Young Americans

PS now he's 60 does he get a free boss pass - boom boom

Randy said...

Growing up in So Cal, I never understood the Springsteen thing. Must have been an East Coast/Jersey thing.

return the gift said...

Darkness on the Edge of Town is a great album, believe it or not. It's dark, edgy and has an energy unlike anything else he ever recorded. Other than that, though, I'm not a Springsteen/E Street fan either (I usually steer clear of performers who stick their sax player in the spotlight).

Michael said...

I used to be terminally bored by Springsteen, but a few years ago I decided to dig a little deeper in his archives and started listening to Nebraska. Kind of got under my skin with it's cold, stark nature, and the fact that he recorded a track that was a blatant homage to Suicide's "Frankie Teardrop," right down to the scream in the middle.

I still can't stomach "Born in the USA," though.

The P5 Archives