The Post Punk Progressive Pop Party

The P5 is DEAD! It stands as a piece of 80's music history on the web. To prevent spam, your COMMENTS WILL NO LONGER BE POSTED!

Old links may no longer work, and NO we will NOT fix them. The P5 DOES NOT upload, post, host or share music files online. All links on The P5 point to other music blogs and were valid at time of posting. All links on this site were found using public search engines such as Google Blog Search. Please read the disclaimer at the right.


The Equators - Hot

|

I Finally Found This!!!

I have this on vinyl but have no way to convert it to mp3.



"Formed in 1977 by the brothers Bailey (Donald, Leo & Rocky), the offspring of Jamaican immigrants to England, The Equators were discovered by Stiff Records’ President, David Robinson, performing with another Birmingham band, The Beat (which shared The Equators’ 20/21 Management team). Robinson, ecstatically impressed with the raw energy of their concert performance & the soulful innovation of their ska-pop-reggae sound, moved to sign the band to the famous Stiff Records label (home of Madness & Elvis Costello)."
(Read more at Marco on the Bass - marcoonthebass.blogspot.com)


Blogload:
The Equators - Hot (1978) - 2tone-lifeinmonochrome.blogspot.com



The Equators re-formed and did a re-make of this album in 2002. Awhile back one of our readers, Kolaboy, gave us the 2002 remixed re-recorded version:




Blogload2:
http://rapidshare.com/files/112308886/the_equators_-_hot.rar.html

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello,
Congratulations for your Blog....I would like to invite you to visit our Blog....minervapop.blogspot.com
It´s in portuguese...but we can traslate...hehehehehe!

Thanks,

Anselmo - Brazil

MOOKIE said...

Obrigado Anselmo. I checked out your blog using Google Translate:
http://foxyurl.com/sx6 Good stuff!

Anonymous said...

All you need to do to record your vinyl to digital is a recording program. You can get it free by downloading audacity or any number of others available online. Then go to radioshack and get a stereo rca to 8th inch adapter (very inexpensive) to plug into your line input of your computer. I have been recording my vinyl to my computer this way for over 10 years!

MOOKIE said...

Thanks for the "howto". Audacity is a great program, I've used it quite often. I also have the RCA jack adapter.

My problem is that all of my vinyl and my turntables are sitting in my parents attic 1500 miles away from where I live.

The P5 Archives