The Post Punk Progressive Pop Party

The P5 is DEAD! It stands as a piece of 80's music history on the web. To prevent spam, your COMMENTS WILL NO LONGER BE POSTED!

Old links may no longer work, and NO we will NOT fix them. The P5 DOES NOT upload, post, host or share music files online. All links on The P5 point to other music blogs and were valid at time of posting. All links on this site were found using public search engines such as Google Blog Search. Please read the disclaimer at the right.

Adam and The Ants - Stand And Deliver


On this date in 1981, Adam and the Ants released their eighth single, "Stand And Deliver". The B side was "Beat My Guest". The A side appeared on their third album, Prince Charming. The B side was a non-LP track which had been written in the early days of Adam and The Ants. The single reached the #1 spot on the U.K. singles chart. The London punk/post punk band broke up in 1982 when Adam ditched the rest of the Ants and went solo. Well...almost all The Ants. He retained guitarist, co-songwriter Marco Pirroni.

Wikipedia: Adam and The Ants

Official Adam Ant Website:

Video: Adam and The Ants - Stand And Deliver - on Countdown - 1981 - youtube

Blogload: Adam and The Ants - Prince Charming -


Planet Mondo said...

Have you heard No Doubt's new rework of this - not too bad actually....

Douglas said...

'Beat My Guest' is good one!

Club80 said...

No, Planet, I haven't. I never really liked No Doubt very much but I'll check it out.
I couldn't agree more, Douglas. I may have to add a link to that song later.

Anonymous said...

The US edition of this was a white label promo included in some copies of the 'Kings of the Wild Frontier' LP.

pjamarama said...

I had 2 copies of this on 7inch and had one on my bedroom wall for such a long time...Spent so much time in charity shops trying to get them all, the quest is ongoing but now we have small children I have to keep them hidden away. My Prince Charming LP is trashed after I scratched it when I was about 3 years old.

Antlady69 said...

Loved the song but also thought that "Beat My Guest" was even better! :)

Simon said...

Gotta agree, Beat My Guest is a cracking tune. Absolutely love it!

The P5 Archives