The Post Punk Progressive Pop Party

The P5 is DEAD! It stands as a piece of 80's music history on the web. To prevent spam, your COMMENTS WILL NO LONGER BE POSTED!

Old links may no longer work, and NO we will NOT fix them. The P5 DOES NOT upload, post, host or share music files online. All links on The P5 point to other music blogs and were valid at time of posting. All links on this site were found using public search engines such as Google Blog Search. Please read the disclaimer at the right.

Black Randy and The Metrosquad - Pass The Dust, I Think I'm Bowie


On this date in 1980, Black Randy and The Metrosquad released their first album, Pass The Dust, I Think I'm Bowie. It included their single, "I Slept In An Arcade". The album was the only official studio album for Black Randy. The Los Angeles punk legend, who was a co-founder of Los Angeles' Dangerhouse Records, died on November 11, 1988 of an AIDS-related illness.

Wikipedia: Black Randy

Blogload: Black Randy and The Metrosquad - Pass The Dust, I Think I'm Bowie -


Randy said...

Idi, Idi, Idi Amin...

A friend of mine bought this when it came out. I think he bought the album on a whim; for the humorous band name more than anything else. But this album left a lasting impression for sure. A classic.

Peteski said...

Good story: includes Arcade as a MP3 and a pic of BR

Ian said...

this album is a classic. thank for mentioning it here.

Anonymous said...

Just reissued on Vinyl Countdown records!

Club80 said...

Thanks anonymous.
This was a unique record from a unique individual.

The P5 Archives